Daily Dose: Monday, October 23rd
We’re back from our pre-ski season tour of the Rockies. Things are looking good around the Continental Divide. We ran into some snow around Vail and Copper Mountain, but elsewhere it is still pretty dry. Reports are that Loveland and Arapahoe Basin are decent, and judging by the trails in the snow we saw around Leadville, the backcountry season is well underway. Here’s a dose to start the week of our big launch! Tell your friends!
- Seven Ways To Light a Fire Without a Match
- Be sure to pack a gas mask: The World’s Ten Most Polluted Places.
- A webcam tour of Latin America’s Volcanoes.
- More updates on the situation in Oaxaca.
- Archaeological treasures a click away on Google Earth
- Reading for the Road: Anything by Kira Salak
- This Week’s Crazy Person: Tanya Streeter, World Champion Freediver
- Today’s Destination: Kurdistan