Daily Dose: Saturday, September 16th
Well, the plans are solidifying. Monday evening we’re packing up the van and heading for Moab and Arches. Can’t decide if its worth bringing the bikes (ours aren’t in very good shape) or renting there. Gas prices are even coming down in time for us to get our 10 mpg monster on the road. Time to switch to biodiesel. Dose time:
- Heading south to take advantage of the shoulder season? Might want to check hurricanetrack.com first.
- Randy Russian drivers give new meaning to ‘Gone in 60 Seconds.’
- China’s state-run news agency reports on how the state-constructed railway to Tibet has forced state-owned airlines to slash their fares. Silly commies.
- China, Nepal, India, Bhutan to Conduct Joint Expedition Across Himalayas
- Buying Tickets in Another Country to Get Cheaper Air Fares – New York Times
- Today’s Destination: Letchworth State Park: New York’s ‘Grand Canyon of the East.’