Daily Dose: Saturday, September 30th
Beautiful fall days here in New Mexico. I spent all day yesterday at a panel meeting on nuclear weapons for my ‘day job.’ You wouldn’t think this is the sort of thing many folks do for an adventure, but I did meet one nice guy from Hiroshima, Japan who was making an adventure out of touring the United States, visiting places related to nuclear weapons, and also trying to get a feel for the changes in the country since 9/11. Nothing like a super depressing socio-political adventure itinerary! Anyway, forget all that, sit back and enjoy your weekend dose:
- Sign me up fo his plan: Frequent flier cashes in miles for trip in space.
- Sales to Mexico and islands on American Airlines.
- Skip the civil war, but be sure to see the new wildlife parks in the Congo.
- See what your missing in New England with these slides of fall foliage.
- Protests keeping tourists out of Oaxaca.
- Today’s Destination: Ozark Trail: 350 miles of rugged beauty