Daily Dose: Tuesday, September 26th
Been a tough month for planning trips. After Moab was pushed back a week, now Rocky Mountain National Park has to be put off until next month, and I’ve been informed that unless I want a broken ankle, I probably need at least six more months of training before I’m ready to run a marathon. (I ran a half-marathon in Alaska a few years ago and that didn’t go so well, so I should probably be listening to this advice). I’m still pondering a beginners’ sprint adventure race in Gallup, NM next month, though. I’ll keep you posted. Time for your dose:
- Parched cross-dressers and fashionistas rejoice! Beverages and lipstick no longer forbidden on flights.
- Hostels? That’s so old school. How about camping in Europe?
- New Mexico’s commercial spaceport has a rocky start, but Russia’s 1st woman space tourist is doing fine.
- Another last minute sale to London ($366 RT from Boston!)
- Giant Jumping Rats, Batman! No, seriously, they’re in Madagascar.
- Check out these photo contest winners, and the stories of the adventures that went into taking them.
- Today’s Destination: Waimea, Hawaii – ‘where resorts are few’