Adventure Airfare Deals, Part Deux
The Airfare deals are… ahem… flying in from nowhere these days! This will be my second posting this week already. Scour these bargains and other deal sites like airfarewatchdog.com and sidestep.com when planning your next trip!
- Save Big to Israel with El Al “Early Bird” Fares
- And some more from Frommers.com: Unadvertised ATA SaleATA (tel. 800/435-9282; www.ata.com) has discounted its fares without any advertising as far as we can see, resulting in some great one-way fares on many of its routes. Below are some sample one-way fares before taxes and fees:
- Dallas (DFW) to/from Chicago (MDW): $69
- Washington (DCA) to/from Chicago (MDW): $49
- Providence, RI to/from Dallas (DFW): $89
- Indianapolis to/from Dallas (DFW): $79
- Salt Lake City to/from New York (LGA): $99
- San Diego to/from New York (LGA): $99
- Phoenix to/from Washington (DCA): $49
- Sacramento to/from Washington (DCA): $99
- Tulsa to/from New York (LGA): $99
Depart November 6, return November 13
- Las Vegas to Munich: $390 round-trip vs. $459 on Lufthansa or $1,364 on USAir
- Las Vegas to Frankfurt: $399 round-trip vs. $595 on Delta
Depart November 13, return November 20
- Boston to Frankfurt: $389 round-trip (some flights code shared with Lufthansa) vs. $382 on Lufthansa nonstop
- San Francisco to Munich: $414 round-trip nonstop vs. $509 on Northwest
- Alaska Airlines West Coast SaleAlaska Airlines (tel. 800/252-7522; www.alaskaair.com) is offering yet another sale, this time a 20 percent discount on flights between Canada and Washington State or California and Montana. To receive the discount, enter e-certificate code EC05306 when making reservations at www.alaskaair.com. Travel between October 25, 2006 and December 20, 2006. This offer expires October 15, 2006. These fares are good and available only on Alaska’s site.
- Sale to TaipeiMalaysia Airlines (tel. 800/522-9264; www.malaysiaairlinesusa.com) has launched a sale to Taipei from Los Angeles. Here are some sample fares including all taxes and fees:
Depart November 5, Return November 12
- Los Angeles to Taipei: $727 vs. next lowest $809 on China Airlines
This is another one of Malaysia’s great deals, especially since Malaysia is such a super airline and it flies this route nonstop. Travel between October 1, 2006 and November 30, 2006 or between January 16, 2007 and May 31 2007. Purchase your tickets by October 31, 2006.
SAS Stockholm Sale
Scandinavian Airlines (tel. 800/221-2350; www.flysas.com) is offering a low fare on travel between Newark and Stockholm. Below are some sample fares including all taxes and fees. All comparisons were made using Orbitz.com
Depart October 17, Return October 23
- Newark to Stockholm: $523 vs. $533 on United/Lufthansa
Depart between October 11, 2006 and November 3, 2006. Travel must be on SAS operated non-stop transatlantic flights. A Saturday night stay is required. All travel must be completed by November 5, 2006. Purchase your ticket by October 14, 2006.
Freeport, St. Maarten, & Stuttgart
Delta Air lines (tel. 800/221-1212; www.delta.com) has discounted fares from Atlanta to Freeport, St. Maarten, and Stuttgart. Seats at the sale price are difficult to find. Below are some sample fares including all taxes and fees:
Depart October 24, Return October 31
- Atlanta to Stuttgart: $535 vs. next-lowest $543 on Lufthansa
- Atlanta to Freeport: $255 with Airtran matching
Depart November 30, Return December 7
- Atlanta to St. Maarten: $364 vs. $378 on American
- Atlanta to Freeport: $275 with Airtran matching
As you can see, most of these fares have been matched by other airlines. However, Delta offers nonstop service to all of these destinations. For Stuttgart, travel may begin October 9 through October 29, 2006 and must be completed by November 29, 2006. For Freeport and St. Maarten, travel must be completed by December 15, 2006. Purchase your tickets by October 22, 2006.