AL Best of 2006 – Top 5 Adventure Destinations
Happy New Year Logue-sters! To celebrate, here’s a round up of some of the best adventure destinations for adventure travel and adventure tourism that we’ve looked at since AL went online back in September. Enjoy!
5. Post-Commie Adventure on the Cheap: Croatia – Declared “Destination of the Year” by NatGeo Adventure, Croatia has old-world charm emerging into the new world of the 21st century. Oh, and did we mention you can like like a king? Click on the link to my post and let the bootsnall crew share a few tips on how to make the most of it.
4. The Most Dangerous Roads in the World – I had an experience on an Alaska road that rivals the scenes you’ll see from Russia’s Yakutsk Highway. But visually, Bolivia’s “Road of Death” takes the cake.
3. Four Up-and-Coming Adventure Destinations – From Albania to Zimbabwe, with a little Korea and Zanzibar in between.
2. Snow (and Ice) Spot: Ouray, Colorado – It’s all about snow in the Rockies this winter, just ask the folks who spent the holiday season camped out as Denver International Airport or stuck in their car on the back roads of Colorado during the recent blizzards.
1. Oaxaca Update: All Clear? Shhhh!! – We here at AL stayed transfixed on the situation in Southern Mexico while much of the rest of the world barely took notice of the events there, what has emerged is still a great destination for adventuring!