Oaxaca Update: Journalist killed
NYC Indymedia journalist Brad Will shot dead by government forces in Oaxaca confirmed by La Jornada(Mexico) and Radio APPO Oaxaca
Oct. 27th: A shooting occurred today in Oaxaca City, Mexico, leaving New York City Indymedia journalist Bradley Will dead after being shot in the chest. He died before reaching the hospital, according to La Jornada. A photographer
from the newspaper Milenio Diario, who was at Will’s side, was shot in the foot and reported injured, his status unknown.
_Radio APPO_ (https://radio.indymedia.org:8000/appo.mp3.m3u) , the radio of the Popular Assembly of the Oaxacan People, is reporting truckloads of armed paramilitaries entering the city. They are calling for people to reinforce the
thousands of barricades that have been constructed for months as part of the statewide teachers’ strike and popular uprising that has demanded the removal of PRI governor Ulisis Ortiz Ruiz.
THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR ABOUT BRAD FROM A PERSON WHO WAS THERE WITH HIM:
– He was at the Santa Lucia Barricade
– He was shot from a distance of 30-40 meters right in the pit of the stomach
– They say it was urban paramilitary priistas in plain clothes who shot him
– People then pulled him away to safety; its confirmed that he’s dead; his body is at the red cross in oaxaca
– 3 additional dead (4 total); 1 member of radio universidad was injured, he went to the hospital in a volkswagen cuz no ambulances would come